Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Haunting

Blogroll Me!

I've made an interesting personal observation with regards to blogging and visiting other blogs. I have my regular 10 - 12 sites that I like to visit, and as I've mentioned in an earlier post, I visit more them than once or twice a day. (as you'll notice in your site meters, if you care about that sort of thing.) Primarily I'm checking if there are new posts and/or comments being added to the last post.

It seems to me that those other fellow bloggers whom I like to visit have already been onto the current post I'm viewing, have already commented, and if I come back later in the day to re-visit, it's apparent they have, too, as they have left more than one comment.

It's like I belong to a benevolent society/landsmanschaft -- I might not get to all the meetings, but when I do get to one, it's already taken place! The members have come and gone, and all that's left for me to do is read the minutes of the meeting I missed!

4 comments:

inksplash said...

I think what blogger needs is more ease of access to visit other blog and a central community hub - this is why I have a main blog at modblog.com

Chaim said...

HI, i know what you mean, cause im usualyl offline from later afternoon (around as soon as i send this comment :-D till tomorrow morning and i don't always have the time to get right back online first thing in the morning, but during the normal day hours i am very on top of it. It is like belonging to a club, and i'm greatful for everyone who reads. Keep posting, glad to see you got the spirit back.

Stacey said...

Better late than never.

Mirty said...

Yours is one of the blogs I check regularly. Also enjoy your comments on other sites.