Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Do You Speak Blog?

Blogroll Me!

Hey, people, I just came up with a new term.

You know the term "doggone it" -- that pretty euphemism for "damn it"?

I just thought up "bloggone it".

It's a two-purpose word. I'm going to experience something today and then I'm going to "bloggone it!" Or, if I mess up my post and lose it without being able to recover it, I'll be likely to say, "Oh, bloggone it!"

Oh, and when I was typing this, I came up with another term: a bloglet.

If I allow you to guest post on my blog, you become a "bloglet"!

And if you're blogging too much, as I do, I might announce/declare a "blogs-out": a signal for turning off blogs and getting some much-needed sleep.

And then there's a "blogime" -- that pattern of action that sees you blogging before breakfast, at lunch and after dinner.

And sometimes, like me, you might be "blogged-out" -- you will have lost your brilliant ideas for the time being, will need to advertise for a bloglet and will heed the blogs-out signal.

Oh, bloggone it, my lunchtime is over.

5 comments:

PsychoToddler said...

Quick, copyright!

TenLiKoach said...

Pearl,
Perhaps in the next generation, there will be last names that are representative of our blogging 'industry - how about Bloginsky (a Jewish blogger) or
McBlogger (an Irish blogger).

Not quitting her day job anytime soon :)

Chaim said...

If someone starts freaking out on thier blog, can you call it "Blogin' out"

torontopearl said...

While on some days
I'm bright-eyed
and quite awake

On other days --
several cups of coffee
I have to make

I need to stay up
and on my toes
because the truth of the matter
is that everyone knows...

I'M IN A "BLOG FOG"!

Air Time said...

We came up with about fifteen different blog words for our blog dictionary on http://krumasabagel.blogspot.com/2005/07/new-word.html