Sunday, August 14, 2005

A Mournful Kind of Day

Blogroll Me!

I am not in shul. I am not listening in on any lectures.

It is gray, gloomy and rainy outside. My head is pounding, as both yesterday and today I've been nursing another one of those sinus headaches . I feel gross and wish that someone would take apart my head, nose and eyes, then put them back together -- pain free.

The newscasts tell us: plane crash in Greece, shootings here and there...and the Gush Katif forced evacuation looming on the immediate horizon.

It is indeed a mournful kind of day. May we all merit to see the coming of the Mashiach and the rebuilding of the temple "bimheyra b'yamaynu".

4 comments:

TenLiKoach said...

Hi there Pearl,

First of all, I wish you a refuah shelaymah! I hope your horrible headache goes away & fast!

I also haven't gone to any lectures either - I've been listening to some on Aish.com and just been a bit depressed about the situation in Israel. I am really scared of what will be. So little in this world is certain and I guess this is why we should want to be out of Galus and yearn for Moshiach to come already. It all feels like a nightmare - I wish Israel would just become the powerhouse I know it can be and just tell everyone to shove it! (excuse my (non) french!).

Be well and hopefully we will only know of good days from now on!!!

smb said...

I wish you a refuah shaleima.

""May we all merit to see the coming of the Mashiach and the rebuilding of the temple "bimheyra b'yamaynu". "

Amen

M said...

Amen.

And an easy rest of the fast.

rabbi neil fleischmann said...

You reminded me of a question I had yesterday. Is it wrong to get into the sad mood of the day of 9 of Av by using our own stuff? Or do we have to focus on the big picture of The Nation?

Anyway, I enjoy your site.