Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Play It Again, Pearl

Blogroll Me!

I've been blogging since early December, and once in a while, I think a replay of an earlier post is in order. Because I posted about my youngest child just before this post, I'll keep with that theme and present you (latecomers perhaps to Pearlies of Wisdom) with this post from last December.

Sit back, relax, put up your feet and start reading.

And if there's any way for you to track down and hear the referenced song (perhaps by going to Amy Sky's Web page), do so. The lyrics, as well as Amy's beautiful, mournful singing, stir the soul.

http://wwwpearliesofwisdom.blogspot.com/2004/12/its-little-things-that-count.html

2 comments:

cruisin-mom said...

I admire the determination and committment you have to still make the walk to shul in that kind of weather. As a "California Girl", I cannot relate to that! The song is beautiful, I teared up, because I am right in the midst of watching bike wheels turn to car wheels...and boy, does it tug at your heartstrings.
Randi

torontopearl said...

It REALLY is a beautiful song; when my two youngest were infants, I'd sit them on my lap when I was at the computer, and download the song on Napster, playing it over and over and over. I could see how soothing it was for the children.

Go to www.amysky.com, click on "music/video" header, look at her album, Burnt by the Son, and you'll find a sampler of the song there that you can connect to.

Another most beautiful song of hers is "I Will Take Care of You," off the Cool Rain album. You can also hear a sampler by following the same directions, but look under this album title for the song.