Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sitcom City

Blogroll Me!

I really never watch TV anymore...I'm busy with other things, namely family life -- and computer life. And I know that TV is not what it once was. Reality show after reality show permeate the channels.

Who needs reality TV when...you have real life to contend with? Watch A Birth Story or A Wedding Story or Life in the E.R. Such are reality stories worth watching.

Give me back the sitcoms of my early (1960's) childhood! Okay, today I would deem them VERY STUPID for the most part, but remember, I was innocent then, and almost anything made me laugh.

So for old times' sake, I'm gonna name-drop a bit. See if you remember these...

Petticoat Junction
The Beverly Hillbillies
Green Acres
The Mothers-in-Law
Gilligan's Island
My Three Sons
The Monkees
Hogan's Heroes
I Dream of Jeannie
The Courtship of Eddie's Father
Julia
Bridget Loves Bernie
That Girl!
Bewitched
My Favorite Martian
Gomer Pyle
Andy of Mayberry
The Munsters
I Love Lucy

2 comments:

cruisin-mom said...

Pearl, not only do I remember everyone of those, I WATCHED everyone of those!!! and loved them all (Courtship of Eddie's father...trivia time...who played Eddie in the original movie?--no checking online, either)

Elie said...

I watched every one of these - even "Hogan's heroes" which my parents really weren't fond of. My favorite of all? "I Dream of Jeannie"!