Saturday, May 27, 2006

"S" Marks the Spot

Blogroll Me!

My youngest child has some trouble with the "s" sound, so a few sessions of speech therapy were in order this school year. And of course, homework was involved, and I was usually the homework buddy.

We did one of the exercises this evening; a chart with pictures was given and my child was supposed to tell me about the pictures, or repeat the phrases I said about them...phrases that were provided as part of the exercise. But one of the exercises involves the child elaborate on the given phrase.

The phrase was: ThiS iS the biggeSt Star. My son had to repeat that phrase and elaborate on it. He said: "This is the biggest star...so that Hashem can hug it!"

*smile*

7 comments:

Ezzie said...

SSSSo cute!

When I was a little kid, I had a huge lithp. My name was Etthie: E DOUBLE THEE I E. And my siblings wonderfully used to have me say: Thithy'th thithter Thally thellth theathellth by the theashore.

torontopearl said...

Ezzie,
How "thad" is that!

cruisin-mom said...

Pearl: how thweeeet (thorry, couldn't rethist)

Sarah Likes Green said...

cute! :)

torontopearl said...

CM: I think you meant to "rethitht".

Sarah: Down under is just a little bit chilly, huh? Thanks for stopping by.

... Is the Window to Our Soul said...

Does his speech therapist tell him to keep his tongue back? My son is also going for speech therapy for articulation with his S's and some other consonants.

torontopearl said...

Sweettooth: EXACTLY! We do great games together to help improve his speech, and over the 12 half-hour sessions he's had during school, and the little bit of practice he's done out of school, he's made great strides. He's aware of the sounds he makes and corrects himself.