Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Out of the Blue

As I've written in earlier posts, I've not been working full-time since early April of this year. I was let go from my copy editing job, where I'd spent close to nineteen years of my life.

Yes, I'm looking for full or part-time work, and once in a while I have a freelance project to work on, but otherwise I'm considered a stay-at-home mom, something new to me...aside from three six-month maternity leaves I'd taken for my three children.

So last night, my daughter -- of the "artiste" fame -- asks me out of the blue: "Eeema, do you like being a 'house woman'?"

Was that just a random error, or is she a bit of a politically correct feminist...not addressing me as a "housewife"?

2 comments:

cruisin-mom said...

house woman...I have my brood trained to refer to me as Domestic Goddess (okay, so I stole that line from Rosanne)

torontopearl said...

Tuesday,
Can I call you that next time I see you at school?

Mia,
No doubt you're right; it's that Basel influence.

CM,
Why stop at "domestic"? Hey, just call yourself a goddess!!