It's after 11 p.m. and I'm still right here at the computer. But I'm proud of myself 'cause I'm multi-tasking.
1. I'm drinking coffee.
2. I'm checking in to my three email addresses every now and again.
3. I'm listening to Internet radio, a "lite jazz" station from Tampa. For all the hours I spend at the computer, you'd think I'd remember there's such a thing called Internet radio. Nuh-uh...but somehow tonight I remembered and searched for some light background music to listen to as I do my work.
4. I'm inputting editorial corrections to a manuscript that I'm copy editing. This has to be in California tomorrow as promised.
5. I'm reading blogs every now and again.
6. I'm letting the dog in and out of the room, as necessary.
7. And I'm posting on my own blog.
Okay, you might think I'm not multi-tasking, just being distracted by many things. Okay, then you're right. But I'm always distracted, so this time 'round I thought I'd give it a fancier title: multi-tasking. (Wait, I have to close the office door; the dog just walked in, circled the room and left again to get attention elsewhere.)
Guess it's back to just the music and the manuscript now -- investment tips and money management for retirees. I have a few years yet till I officially retire, but I can squirrel away the ideas until then. If I would squirrel away ideas from all the books I've ever edited and copy edited, I'd really be distracted, wouldn't I? Hmmm... another potential idea for MULTI-TASKING!