Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Only Human

I've mentioned before that my husband and I both enjoy offbeat, quirky films.

The cover of this DVD sold me immediately when I spotted it at the public library.

And Tuesday night, watching this Spanish film, we were not disappointed. Silliness -- simple silliness -- and quirkiness abounded.

Family dysfunction -- evident in many of the quirky films I see -- was at the core of the film, as was the Israeli-Palestinian potential for a personal relationship. As was human sexuality and human frailties.

On the range of 1 - 10 for quirkiness, I give the film an 8...and recommend it. (I give the grandfather's performance a 10!)

After all, we are all... ONLY HUMAN.

3 comments:

marallyn ben moshe said...

that sounds like so much fun...good for you...love a good happy movie...shabbat shalom

Val said...

This does sound good - -i've put it on my list in Netflix! Thanks. I like a good quirky, dysfunctional family kind of movie! :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Pearl...I must get this from Netflix! I so liked the last one you recomenned...

And Yes, indeed, Kim is the most Beautiful Woman...inside and out....
I don't know if you saw my post about her Great Grand Daughter---Valentina....A TREASURE! It is in the last two months and I think I called it Valentina....!

I will definitely tell her!