Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Baby Loves


Baby Loves. Written by Michael Lawrence, illustrated by Adrian Reynolds. Published by DK Publishing.




This is the cover of the book that I gave Ezzie when I met him in Toronto some time ago. His sweetie-pie Elianna was just a few months old at the time, but I figured it would be a story that she could grow into. And apparently she has -- it's a favorite book of hers.


We also own a copy and it was a favorite of my kids over the past few years, and... Psst... I'm nearing age 46 and it's a favorite book of mine too!


Although I can't scan the pages for the colorful art, I will copy the text for you. You just have to use your imagination for the fanciful artwork.


Baby loves MOMMY AND DADDY more than anything in the world. Except...


[turn page]


BREAKFAST


Baby loves breakfast more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


TEDDY


Baby loves Teddy more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


KITTY


Baby loves KItty more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


SLIPPERS


Baby loves slippers more than anything in the world except...


[turn page -- I can imagine you people are saying, "We get it, we get it...you don't have to write `turn page.' " Nevertheless...)


FLOWERS


Baby loves flowers more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


GRANNY


Baby loves Granny more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


HAT


Baby loves hat more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


SUNSHINE


Baby loves sunshine more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


RAIN


Baby loves rain more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


DRUM


Baby loves drum more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


DUCKIE


Baby loves Duckie more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


BATHTIME


Baby loves bathtime more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


BEDTIME


And Mommy and Daddy love Baby more than anything in the world except...


[turn page]


No.

Mommy and Daddy love BABY more than anything in the world...


[turn page]


ANYTHING AT ALL!
For Ezzie's sake, I want to make an amendment to the story, just to be in sync with SerandEz.
Baby loves bathtime more than anything in the world except...
THE CLEVELAND CAVS
Baby loves The Cleveland CAVS more than anything in the world except...
BLOGGING
Baby loves blogging more than anything in the world except...
No.
Baby loves blogging more than anything in the world...
ANYTHING AT ALL!




3 comments:

RaggedyMom said...

Maybe I'm just emotional, but that was so sweet! Great addendum, btw! :) I've seen this book before, but never really leafed through it, and it seems adorable!

Ezzie said...

ROTFL!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually, it's Cavs, then Indians, then Browns... with blogging running tightly with them. :D

And it *is* one of her favorite books. Thanks, Pearl!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL....Very cute, my dear....I love that cover "art" it has a wonderful feel about it...I may have to get that book, mor me! (lol)

I googled Dinsing too, and I got where you got, as well....I sure wish I actually knew more about this stove---and if I was told something I do not remember it....I have to go in through the double doors, which I haven't done in years....There is some stuff in there that came with the stove. If I find out anything of great import, I will let you know Pearl. Thanks for the research!