Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ten...

My middle child, Adina, celebrates her tenth birthday today. Her Hebrew birthday was on Shabbos Nachamu.

Everyone always says truthfully, "Where did the years fly?"

As I wrote her a birthday card message today, I reread my words. They sounded more appropriate for her birthday card for when she'd turn 12, bat mitzvah age. I talked about her father and I being proud of the young lady that she's proving to be, and I thought that even though "10" is not really yet equated with a "young lady," it was certainly appropriate for Adina.

She is feisty, she is loving, she is creative, she is sensitive. Simply, she is adored.

"Adina": noble, gentle, delicate.

A perfect name for an "almost-perfect"...young lady!

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

(Adina is my kind of girl; she read the birthday card I gave her BEFORE she opened her present!)

4 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Very Happy Birthday To Your Dear Adored Daughter Sdina! What a sweet age, 10...still a child but on the brink of that time when one becomes a young woman....That must be hard to believe Pearl....!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

You did great on that SCATTAGORIES Meme...I think the letter "P" is a little easier than "N"...!But even so, your answers were terrific!

And about Barney: I hope the book does well for him...It really is a wonderful book and deserves a long shelf life....!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Adina. (It's a very pretty name.)

torontopearl said...

Thanks for the b'day wishes for Adina.
We did have a sleepover, but out of the proposed 10 kids on the sample invite list, we had four attend and three sleep over. (everyone seems to be away on the weekends) The smaller group worked out much better than a larger one, but I felt sorry for my daughter when she kept calling kids and they weren't available to sleep over that motzei Shabbos.