Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Tisket, a Brisket...


Blogroll Me!


Tell me, how can you top this product on the right: a brisket yarmulke?

THE BRISKET YARMULKE - Made of 100% kosher brisket, this one-size-fits-all “beefy beanie” comes emblazoned with a horseradish Star of David.

And speaking of brisket...can anyone tell me why brisket recipes are associated with Chanukah on every holiday menu I look at? Personally, I think the High Holidays or Pesach is the time to serve brisket at a family meal.

Our Chanukah meals used to consist of latkes and more latkes with sour cream or applesauce, and salad -- very simple dairy or pareve meals. When, pray tell, did a "good brisket" enter into Chanukah's gourmet equation?!

3 comments:

cruisin-mom said...

after seeing that, I may never be able to eat brisket again!

A Simple Jew said...

Look at the
Porkpie hat
or the
Cow boy hat

Sweettooth120 said...

ok...that'a little gross. Someone has lots of extra time on his hands.