Monday, July 03, 2006

Meme's the Word...Again

Blogroll Me!

I spotted this cool -- I thought! -- meme on another blog, so I borrowed it for myself:

Instructions:
1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. One holiday or observance (if any).


Re. September 23

EVENTS:
1941 - The first gas experiments are conducted at Auschwitz
1962 - The Jetsons aired for the first time.
1980 - Bob Marley's last concert.

BIRTHDAYS:
1926 - John Coltrane, American saxophonist and composer
1930 - Ray Charles, American musician and singer

DEATH:
1939 - Sigmund Freud, Austrian psychiatrist

HOLIDAY/OBSERVANCE: (This particular one makes me say "Hmmm..." as I imagine Sigmund Freud would!)

September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.



1 comment:

cruisin-mom said...

bisexual day...hmmmmmm....wouldn't Freud love that!