This came in an email.
See if you can translate these well-known clichés and proverbs. Answers will be provided tomorrow perhaps.
(Elie, Miriam: I think you both will enjoy this brain quiz.)
1. Scintillate, scintillate, asteroid minikin.
2. Members of an avian species of identical plumage congregate.
3. Surveillance should precede saltation.
4. Pulchritude possesses solely cutaneous profundity.
5. It is fruitless to become lachrymose over precipitately departed lacteal fluid.
6. Freedom from encrustations of grime is contiguous to rectitude.
7. The stylus is more potent than the claymore.
8. It is fruitless to attempt to indoctrinate a superannuated canine with innovative manoeuvers.
9. Eschew the implementation of correction and vitiate the scion.
10. The temperature of the aqueous content of an unremittingly observed saucepan does not reach 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
11. All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.
12. Where there are visible vapours having their prevalence in ignited carbonaceous materials, there is conflagration.
13. Sorting on the part of mendicants must be interdicted.
14. A plethora of individuals with expertise in culinary techniques vitiates the potable concoction produced by steeping certain comestibles.
15. Eleemosynary deeds have their incipience intramurally.
16. Individuals who make their abodes in vitreous edifices would be advised to refrain from catapulting petrous projectiles.
17. Neophyte's serendipity.
18. Exclusive dedication to laborious enterprise without interlude of enjoyable diversion renders John a tedious fellow.
19. A revolving lithic conglomerate accumulates no congeries of a small green bryophytic plant.
20. It behooves the garrulous to render impenetrable the buccal orifice during mastication.