Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Musically Tagged

Blogroll Me!

I've been tagged for this, but don't worry, I won't tag anyone else...not everyone, I understand, appreciates these things.

Here's my mission:

The Rules: List five songs that you are currently digging - it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions and the five songs (with artist) in your blog. Then tag five people to see what they're listening to.

1. This song has been running through my head constantly for about 3 weeks...the chorus is just that catchy.

Breathe (2 a.m.) by Anna Nalick.

2. I heard this last week while driving, turned the car radio up full blast, and reminisced about the eighties.

Bad Girls by Donna Summer.

3. Any Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong duet

4. Hotel California by the Eagles

5. Since seeing Madagascar with the family in June, I can't get this soundtrack song out of my head: "I like to move it, move it, you like to move it, move it..."

Okay... and there are my 5 songs.

2 comments:

rabbi neil fleischmann said...

My five:

1. Getting Grown by Cee-Lo (made for me on a mix by a colleague at Camp Isabella Freedman).

2. To The Stars by Erin McKeown (heard her interviewed and singing on my local quirky station. the title is a translation from latin of the slogan of the royal british airforce.)

3. The soundtrack of Million Dollar Baby. (mellow, meditative, thoughtfully done. they probably thought enough was enough when they didn't nominate clint eastwood for this music that he composed.)

4. I Eat Dinner by Kate & Anna McGarrigle (sooooo sad and beautiful, heard it on a Starbucks collection of Sarah Mclaughlin's choice songs of others)

5. Gamble Everything For Love by Ben Lee. This CD (Awake Is The New Sleep) got me through marking finals, listening over and over. Every song's a keeper.

Unknown said...

Oooh. Great game:

1. Al zos shibchu, London Pirchei (sounds like choral music)
2. Arthur McBride and the Sargeant, Paul Brady (Great story, pretty grusome ending)
3. Young Pilgrams, The Shins (hard not too sing along with this one even when on the subway)
4. Not About Love, Fiona Apple (for very serious/angry moods)
5. Family Affair, Mary J. Blige (learned a lot of new words on this one)