Sunday, December 19, 2004

A State of Bliss

Today was my wedding anniversary. I got past that 1st year, aka a transitional year, but smooth transitioning for my husband and I; I got past that 7th year, aka seven-year-itch --no, there was no need to scratch; I got past that 10th year -- wow, a whole decade together. And I'm well on my way to "and beyond."

I thank G-d for my bashert, a wonderful, genuine, warm, menschlich guy, who also happens to be a great husband and father... and a definite Jack of all trades. Perhaps I was single a little longer than the average Modern Orthodox female, but I defined that "in limbo" status as "good things come to those who wait" or "G-d saved the best for last."

My children are truly a blessing -- they help keep me grounded as a person as I look at them in awe. I've learned to realize just how much of a miracle children really are. Fragile, a gift, a blessing (sometimes in more disguises than others!)...to be thankful for, not to be taken for granted.

If I could grant each of you a wish, it would be for you to be able to hold your spouse's hand in yours, your child's hand/children's hands in yours, and to let them linger there just a little bit longer than necessary...to help you achieve a state of bliss...

1 comment:

Deep Fried Canadian said...

Mazal Tov on the wedding anniversary. I enjoyed reading your blog. I am a Jewish girl (although not orthodox) originally from Toronto, so your blog caught my attention. Feel free to visit my blog at http://diversgirl.blogspot.com Your conviction and passion is clear in your writing. Give Tyson a squeeze for me (my dog's name is Doobie).