Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A Backhanded Compliment

Blogroll Me!

I was helping my seven-year-old daughter this evening with her homework (after I came home from meeting a fellow blogger visiting from the U.S. -- story perhaps for a future post). The assignment had her having to find and list 2, 3, 4, and 5-letter words within a much larger word. She was having a tough go of it, so I stood over her, suggested ways to help her seek out words. After a time, I started to give her some answers, too. (there was other homework to be done, and we didn't have all night to get to it.)

She seemed rather impressed with my ability to find quite a number of words within the word because suddenly she said very loudly and happily, "THANKS!" and then she said, "You're smarter than you look like." Thanks a lot, daughter of mine! I love you, too.

No comments: