Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Tisket, a Brisket...


Blogroll Me!


Tell me, how can you top this product on the right: a brisket yarmulke?

THE BRISKET YARMULKE - Made of 100% kosher brisket, this one-size-fits-all “beefy beanie” comes emblazoned with a horseradish Star of David.

And speaking of brisket...can anyone tell me why brisket recipes are associated with Chanukah on every holiday menu I look at? Personally, I think the High Holidays or Pesach is the time to serve brisket at a family meal.

Our Chanukah meals used to consist of latkes and more latkes with sour cream or applesauce, and salad -- very simple dairy or pareve meals. When, pray tell, did a "good brisket" enter into Chanukah's gourmet equation?!

3 comments:

cruisin-mom said...

after seeing that, I may never be able to eat brisket again!

A Simple Jew said...

Look at the
Porkpie hat
or the
Cow boy hat

... Is the Window to Our Soul said...

ok...that'a little gross. Someone has lots of extra time on his hands.