Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Brief Spelling Lesson


Blogroll Me!



If you understand this post,
that means you're "getting it"
'cause your brain is on.

The brain's capacity to channel information
is its strength.
Wow! It's truly an amazing concept.

I accept your weakness
in spelling,
except for when you make silly errors.

If your spelling continues to improve,
I will compliment you on your progress.
And oh, how positive messages help complement your humble self.

I hope this post will help affect how you write
because the effect of correct spelling helps draw in readers --
not send them running in the other direction.

Now I'll say,
"You're welcome"
to your silent "Thank you."

10 comments:

smb said...

Very cute :)

Anshel's Wife said...

Thank you!!!!
I work on our school's newsletter (we call it NUsletter). The teachers submit blurbs about what went on in their classes during the past month. Sometimes the kids do the submitting. I'm embarrassed at what the kids in our school don't seem to know. I'm even more embarrassed by what the things the teachers write.

cruisin-mom said...

Oh, come on Pearl...ain't all us got the smarts to no that stuff. I woulda went to school for all that, but I was two busy watching t.v. and eated ice cream

Toto said...

My mom used to teach in an Elem. school in a not at all affluent neighborHOOD of New Orleans. One year, the principal decided to have a school motto to reinforce the importance of WRITING.

Believe it or not, but "WRITE IT RIGHT" was the slogan that she had printed up on flyers and posters around the school.

Ain't it sweet? And we wonder...

David_on_the_Lake said...

Oh Pearlie
Youre sooo 10th century
:-)

PsychoToddler said...

Hey Kids!

It's Strong Bad's Rhythm and Grammar!

Jack Steiner said...

Now my head hurts.

Sarah Likes Green said...

The importance of spelling and grammar.
Nice post.

Ezzie said...

AMEN!!!!!!

rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Well done, and helpful. Please correct me when you catch me on errors.