Monday, June 05, 2006

CROCS (TM) Are the Now Thing


Blogroll Me!

Oh. My. Gosh.

My daughter has become a sales agent for this new trendy shoe called Crocs. She has come up with just about every reason why it's a worthwhile shoe, never mind that she wants them...needs them....has just got to have them!

I made the mistake of telling her that I had a couple pairs of clogs when I was a kid.

"SEE...you had clogs, I can have Crocs!"

She is not willing to have knock-offs; she "needs" the real thing. And suddenly so does my youngest guy -- he wants them too. Several of my daughter's school friends have them; several of those friends have little brothers who are friends with my youngest son...and they have them.

So, since yesterday afternoon, I have become a croc hunter. Look out, Steve Irwin, I'm your newest competition!

Update: Monday evening:

My daughter is the very happy owner of a pair of pink Crocs; my young son is unhappy as there were none in his size. These are a very POPULAR shoe and apparently there are back order wait lists for customers at some locations.

I "met" my daughter halfway and told her these are an early birthday present -- she was okay with that and mentally scratched off the IPod that was on her birthday wish list. "It's okay...I wouldn't even know how to download onto it."

A big sigh of relief from Mom.

5 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

La Coste aligator shirts are also very in.

cruisin-mom said...

Woah, those are cute...I may have to get me a pair of those.

... Is the Window to Our Soul said...

Val of Val-centric also just wrote about these shoes. Are they leather, because they look like plastic whenever I see people wearing them.

(http://bogieval.blogs.com/valcentric/)

Val said...

They're AWESOME! Run out and get your daughter some... and get yourself some.. they're like slippers and sneakers all rolled up into one great pair of shoes!

torontopearl said...

Tuesday Wishes: you've got your kids on an education roll, it seems.

SWFM: Lacoste is back?! Or did he never leave? It was big in the late seventies, early eighties.

CM: I'm now thinking I might have to get ME a pair!

Sweettooth: Thanks for the heads up.

Val: Thanks for visiting and having such a convincing argument about these shoes.