Wednesday, June 21, 2006

School's Out for the Summer...

Blogroll Me!

My three children finished school today. They completed grade 5, grade 3 and SK.

"Yashar, yashar, kadimah."

Their report cards were glowing, and they each had wonderful relationships with their teachers and classmates. All in all, a positive year for them.

Yes, I truly didn't want to be working full-time anymore, but no, I didn't want to leave under the circumstances that I did. But I will say this much: I am thankful that I had 2 1/2 months with my children while at home.

What a difference it made...being able to take them to school and pick them up from school. Being there when they woke up in the morning, and being there to give them an after-school snack.

I felt a connection to the children, I felt a connection to the school. It was a good feeling.

(I also noticed just how many live-in nannies help run the households of the school's population, and just how many minivans and SUVS and extended-cab trucks help chauffeur the kids in these households!)

I'm not sure what I'll be doing in September, once they're back in school, but I hope that my children will continue to get to see my front side and not just my backside as they've had for all these years, as I was part of a full-time workforce.

The schoolyard, I've noticed, is just like life. There are fun things, there are dangerous things, there are friends to make, there are bullies to avoid. My children are primarily laughing, I've noticed, while in the schoolyard. They are busy with sports and acrobatic tricks on the jungle gym, they are interacting with all ages and plainly just having a good time amongst the crowd. Witnessing all this makes for my own romance. Who needs to read these books when you can live out your own love for your husband and children!

2 comments:

cruisin-mom said...

nice post Pearl...glad you are able to enjoy this time with your kiddies.

torontopearl said...

Thank you, ladies, for your comments. Yes, it's been good for me and the kids (and hubby, who finally gets cooked meals more regularly...meals that he hasn't had to cook!)to share this time.