Sunday, June 10, 2007

Auto Observations

This is a SMART car. However, to me, this car looks so dumb!

As I passed one today in a driveway, I thought: "How can anyone take this car seriously?"

Whenever I pass one, I announce to my kids in the back seat, or say to myself, "There goes a putt-putt." That's what I call them. Or I call them glorified golfing carts.

I laugh silently -- or aloud -- when I see one. I, for one, cannot take them seriously. They are cute, they are chichi, they are an attraction...but they look like too much of a novelty.

What's interesting for me -- especially after posting this -- is that the logo for the model is: "open your mind" (TM)

So open your mind, get a SMART car, and zip around the city in it...instead of on the golf course!

**************************************

I was driving in my neighborhood this morning and passed a car with something hanging from the central mirror.

It made me laugh to myself.

No. It wasn't a pair of fuzzy dice.

No. It wasn't a pair of baby shoes.

No. It wasn't a Beanie Baby. (tm)

No. It wasn't a Tefillat Haderech. (Traveler's prayer)

(DRUMROLL PLEASE.)

It was a huge chai.

The kind of chai you'd imagine spoofed on an episode of Saturday Night Live. With some depiction of an old Jewish guy or a young, supposedly cool Jewish guy, wearing a more-than-oversized chai like this, hanging down to his pupik!

The car was a sedan. Thank G-d it wasn't a SMART car. Then I would have had two reasons to laugh!!

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

this is a funny little car....I have not seen one like this before. Is it supposed to be an economical choice? Low cist bugh gas mileage? You are right it surely does look like a slightly larger version of a Golf Cart...lol!

In all the years I have had that book..."Who Wrote That Song", you are the first person I have ever known who not only was familiar with it but perused it as much as me! (lol)

torontopearl said...

Old Old Lady: This vehicle is sold at Mercedes-Benz dealerships in Canada; I'm not sure about the U.S. I guess there are numerous energy-efficient vehicles available that some of us don't regularly see on the road.

As for the song reference book, I was somewhat in awe of it when I would use it.