Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Touch of Blue

A Touch of Blue, the name of this brief post, was also the name of the literary section of the Jewish campus newspaper, when I was literary editor back in the early eighties at the University of Toronto. I'd come up with that name, as it had a double entendre for me: "blue" meaning ink of a pen, and also meaning sad.

I haven't tuned in for a while to this blog; my life has been very busy, to say the least.

It's been a time of sorrow and happiness, rolled into a short time frame.

My mother-in-law passed away last Monday, June 16th. My eldest child's bar mitzvah took place this past Shabbos, June 21st.

Shiva...and simcha: an odd juxtaposition...

(more to come...)

4 comments:

cruisin-mom said...

my thoughts are with you and your family, Pearl.

rabbi neil fleischmann said...

My wishes in both direction are sent out to you too.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Mazel tov to your son!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Pearl...So very sorry to read of your sadness with your Mother-In-Law. But I am very Happy for you and your family about your son...Isn't that always the way? The Balance Of Life sometimes seems so unfair....! I know you have been planning for your son's Bar Mitzvah for a long time.....I hope it was everything YOU hoped it would be, despite the sadness the descended at the same time...