Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Favorite Show

My seven-year-old asked me today, "Eema, can you guess what my favorite TV show is?"

I went through a brief roster of what I know he watches and likes, and then I suggested, "Tom & Jerry?"

I was met with a big smile. "How did you know?"

"I guessed." And then I went on to tell him that the show was popular when I was a kid, too, and that I used to watch the show as well.

But I didn't want to tell him the truth that is circulating these days.

Robert Avrech posted about this last week and I was peeved then upon reading the entry. Dare I tell my child what some (crazy) people believe?

3 comments:

Elie said...

I was always more of a Flintstones man myself. T&J got boring for me after awhile; too much of the same formula, and no dialogue.

Mia M said...

Just watched the youtube and I am shocked!!! He really doesn´t get it!

Dan Balsamo said...

Holy crap! is that for real? well, I'm not a T&J fan when I was kid, but man! I was a sucker for disney and looney tunes stuff back then. I'm one of the kids who dreamed to got to Disneyland someday, lol!

Mel Balsamo
JRomances.com