Sunday, March 11, 2007

Shlemazel Mazel Revisited*

* Revisited...because I know I've used this title before in my blogging career!

Talk about shlemazel mazel.

I was at the hospital the other day to visit my dad. I was wearing new boots that don't have much of a rubber grip on the sole. I was walking on a fancy, slippery, f tiled floor and felt my heel slip up and I go down.

Talk about shlemazel mazel. I fell in the corridor right in front of the hospital administrator's office. It was right in front of the pharmacy. Hospital volunteers who saw me go down came to help me up and make sure I was okay.

I was.

But I guess if I have to fall -- and perhaps hurt myself -- inside a hospital is the best place to do it.

*****

Okay, I might've been a shlemazel that day, but I did remember to turn my clocks ahead for today.

Did you????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what the worst part is? That you hurt yourself, but not badly enough to make $ome money on your injury!! I'm not chas v'shalom saying that you should have gotten hurt more, but if you're in pain, you may as well get some gain. Then again, if you are mekabel it b'ahava, then you DID get some benefit.

torontopearl said...

It's all good now: After I got up off the floor, for a nanosecond, I thought like you. But I'd rather be uninjured than have pain and have a long, shlepped out, sue case.